Our Tattoos: Symbol of Eternity

0

We did it, FINALLY!


Wazzup..!


You may call it anything you want - silly, dumb, immature, or just pure craziness. However, the decision to tattoo is not something that we decided in the spur of the moment.

Actually, we had planned to do it since a couple of months back, in Nov 2007. We were pondering over the impending 2008 new year, and thought about tattooing ourself to serve as a life remembrance for both of us.

Moreover, we thought that people with tattoo actually looks kinda cool. Haha.




Beckham with his 'ang kong kia' - damn cool



Our initial plan was to do it on New Year's day itself but due to certain circumstances (or maybe psychological fear =P), we decided to push it 3 days later.

So, on the 4th January, we went to Dragonfly at Mid Valley Megamall, touted as the most famous tattoo parlour in Malaysia.



New Year's Eve @ Oldtown Kopitiam - few days before our tattoo


My appointment was slated on the next day, so Dear got to do hers first. We chose a female artist, Tracy to do the job for her. She would like to have the chinese character of my name 'Kang' and she wanted it to be tattoed on her chest.

Ouch! Sounds painful? Yeah, I can begin to feel the pain already.

First of all, the artist would draw the tattoo design on a sheet of paper, and after consulting us and confirming on the final design, she then proceeded to the studio behind the counter to prepare the stencil, tattoo machine, gloves, lubricant etc. The studio actually reminds me more about surgical room in the hospital.


Tattooing tools & equipments. Looks fun to play?

The dreaded time finally arrived. After applying some lubricant on her chest, the artist proceeded with the tattoo machine. It looks like a handgun, and the only thing is that this gun won't kill and the bullet is actually the ink pigment.

For the entire period, I was sitting there clutching Dear's hand tightly. I can feel her pain, yet I was helpless. Feels kinda torturing when you look at the pain yet you can't do anything about it. To further compound to the pain, there was this buzzing sound made by the tattoing gun. Damn irritating.

Yet, to my relieve, Dear was smiling at me from time to time. So I know the pain was still bearable.

The whole process took about 40 minutes. It looks great on her and Dear was okay as well. She even gloated that she didn't feel any pain. AT ALL. Kek sei.



"Kang"


The next day, we returned to get mine done. For some reasons, I did not feel nervous at all compared to the day before.

I remembered told Dear that I just want to get it done quickly so I can look at the final result as soon as possible. Prior to that, I had been contemplating several nights about the design that I wanted for my right arm.

It is not something that you can put on today and remove tomorrow if you don't like it, so it requires a hell lot of consideration. You would not want to live the rest of your life regretting over the Lilo & Stitch tattoo ethced on your back.


Whee...! !

After much consideration, I decided on a simple flying banner with Dear's name on it. My artist, Andreas was pretty friendly and after telling him what I had in mine, he drew me his design which we agreed promptly.




Hohoho...Did I look terrified?

He is a professional. The whole process took about 25 minutes and the pain was minimal. It actually felt more like being poked by a pencil.

Dear was there to witness the process. She kept making funny faces at me, which I told her not to, in case I twitched and my tattoo become senget.

She then took out her phone and enjoying herself by taking photos of me being cucuk-ed by another guy. Don't get the wrong idea, k.

The final piece of art - Vian

All in all, the tattoos cost us RM 280 for both. Not a bad deal, we supposed.

Both Dear and I thoroughly enjoyed the process, and the saying that you will get addicted once you got your first tattoo is quite true. We are already planning to have our second tattoos later, but not so soon.

It is certainly an eye-opening experience for us, and the piece of arts that were etched on our body were great.

Everything was so new, so fresh, so joyful.........until we were told that we gotta stay off seafood for 2 weeks. WHAT THE HECK?? NO PRAWNS AND SOTONG FOR 2 WEEKS? Now, we have to start mourning. Zzzzzzzz. Sien liau.

Comments (0)