Labour of Love

0

Here I am again, still (but barely) alive after posting that 'Funny Faces' post the other day.

Suffice to say, I kena grilled kao-kao by Dear after she saw that post and can consider myself lucky to live another day here typing this latest post.

I was in the office on Wednesday, after a exhausting meeting with my boss and colleagues. In the midst of clearing up my thing to sneak out for lunch with Dear, suddenly she SMS-ed me.
"Dear, I have prepared something for you. =)"

I was wondering what is that 'something' and so I asked her repeatedly, but she wouldn't budge. So I gave up, and drove straight to meet her.

Imagine my surprise when I saw this.

Home-made Wholemeal Sandwich

It's a red box. In the box, there was this wholesome sandwich filled with low-fat cheese + low-fat egg + low fat ham. A RICH LOW-FAT meal, that is. Oxymoron, huh?

Dear told me that she prepared it that morning itself because she has been contemplating how can she relieve help fill my hunger while keeping toe to our low-fat diet as well. Thus, she came out with this wonderful idea.

It's one of the most touching moments in my life. To truly feel the genuine love and care from someone that you loved, it's indescribable.

.......But when I opened the packaging and about to eat it, I noticed something amiss. There's the bread, sliced cucumber, cheese, and egg. But the most eagerly anticipated low-fat ham is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!

Dear told me that she must have accidentally ate it together with her portion this morning since the hams tend to stick together when she was frying them. GULP!

But no worries, I still love you baby. Thanks for your well-thoughtfulness and care! Muacks! =)


Comments (0)