Au Revoir, Perth

1


2.07 am - Thurs (6th Nov 2008)

It's the time of the year again. The time to bid farewell and to say goodbye.

I will be boarding the plane in few hours time. The hired taxi will be here at 4.30a.m., so I will have a quick shower and change before I board the plane back home to Kuala Lumpur.

Exactly 3 months ago, I was on the opposite journey - flying to Perth from KL. I still remember vividly the thoughts and mixed emotions that ran through my mind during that 5-hour journey.

How will Perth look like? Will I be able to adapt to the life there?
Leaving almost everything behind back home and to embark on a journey to an foreign land to start a new living, those questions were constantly lingering in my mind back then.

But most of all, the biggest question for me was "Will Perth change the two of us?"
People (including friends) say that staying in a foreign land will change a couple. It will be a new place, new environment, new circle of friends, and of course, new temptations.

To be honest, I was feeling rather optimistic. Why shouldn't I ?
After all, we have been through thicks and thins together and appeared unscathed.


I still remember when I stepped out at the airport, she was there. Sitting at the lobby and waiting for me patiently. At that moment, I promised myself to make good of our promises to seek betterment in Perth, and not to let it affect us one bit.


Fast forward 3 months later.

Looking back, I can proudly say we managed to make good of our promises, and even better.

In these 3 months, I woke up everyday to see her by my side.
Every night before I retired to bed, she was the last image in my mind.

We learned a lot about each other during this period. In other words, it almost feel like being married and staying in our own house sans the children. Together we cooked, cleaned the house, buy groceries, and take public transports together. There was never a day that passes by without us laughing together.

Of course there were minor squabbles over silly things. Sometimes, I do admit that I was a little hot tempered when things don't go my way. But, in the end, each and every single time, we made up and embraced together.


3 months ago, she bade me goodbye and make me promise to join her in Perth in 2 weeks time.

Today, it's my turn to say goodbye and promise her I will be waiting for her back home.
3 weeks without her by my side, is equal to 3 weeks in purgatory.

We have grown so accustomed to live with each other.
And to realize the next morning I will be waking up without her by my side, I just wish I will never fall asleep at all.

Right now, she's still sleeping. I know, it has been tiring for her. And her exams are fast approaching.

My dear, I know you can do it. Trust yourself, and don't ever doubt your own ability.
Only the other day, you told me that you lacked self confidence. But I never worry about your academic. You know why?

You are a smart girl. And all that you achieved so far, I was just lending a helping hand, but you were the one who accomplished all that. So, promise me you will take good care of yourself and come back with flying colors, alright? I love you. And I always will.



Gosh. Why saying goodbye makes my throat constrict and suffocate everytime????

Comment (1)

Wow Ryan... your post makes me feel all mushy inside (as well as envious) Hahaha!

I don't think I can say I have ever had the feeling that you two share. It's nice to know you two are coming through the challenges stronger than ever.

Really happy for the both of you. Keep going strong! :)