Her "BIG DAY" - Part One

0

March 04, 2008 - It's my dear's 19th birthday. The day started at 5.30 a.m. for me. Part of it is because I can't anticipate how's the day is going to unfold for us (cause u know, it's our 1st time celebrating her birthday together, so I don't want want to disappoint her) and partly is also because I have to finish up my unfinished 'masterpiece'.

As you can see on the picture on the left, I made her a home-made card. At this juncture, some of you might ask 'what so big deal about making a hand-made card...my 5 yr-old sis also know how to make la..masterpiece konon...puiik!'. But I tell you wat, based on my personal 'artistic value' (if i have any, that is =P) and combined it with the fact that I've never gotten more than a 'C' for Pendidikan Seni during my ENTIRE tenure as a primary school student, well, that is a MASTERPIECE for me! (ok la, i know it's not a great-looking card, but at least i made the effort to make it 'great-looking' okay? satisfied? happy? grrr..). I even spray some of my perfume on the card, so that my smell is with her all the time, even when I'm not there in person. =) Hehe.

The whole process took me about 1 and a half hour to finish and I can finally get a short rest before I leave home for work at 8 a.m. I only slept for 4 hours the day before and so, I know there's a big possibility that I'll look like a junk on the big day.

I took a break from work at 10.15 a.m. and proceed to the florist which is located beside Station One, Meru (behind Klang Parade). I was attended to by a helpful Indonesian girl and her friendly lady boss. I told them that I wanted 10 pink roses - which mean "You're Perfect!" - and remind them kindly to wrap it as nice as possible. Well, I'm feeling really tense at the moment as I do not wish to screw up anything...even though everything is going smoothly according to plan.

11.10 a.m. - I showed up at her door with a bouquet of roses in one hand and my handmade card in the other hand. I can see that she's genuinely surprised upon seeing the roses, although I expected she already half-guessed that I'm making her a card. All the tiredness and fatigue just seemed to be miles away at that moment, just by looking at her sweet smile. It's the BEST THING that she could ever gave me. =)

to be continued...

Comments (0)