I Can Cook!

0

Finally, I have some time to sit down and update our blog again. It has been quite a while since I last contribute to this blog (the most recent updates were written by Vian), and so I would like to take this opportunity to "show-off" some of my culinary skills. Haha.


I even have photo as proof. Haha

Eating out is quite expensive here in Perth, so we tend to go to market and groceries at least once a week to buy vege, meats, sauces, noodles etc. to cook at home, in order to cut down on our weekly budget.

Please be reminded that I have no prior experience in cooking (except for late night Maggi Mee Curry with eggs). So please don't place your expectation too high on my dishes.

1. Hokkien Mee


This is the very first proper dish that I have meted out in my entire life. Looks ok, rite?

2. Sausage Fried Rice with Soy Sauce


The sausages here are softer in texture. I don't know why? But still, they taste good.

3. Tom Yum Mihun with Fish Balls (by Vian)


This one was cooked by Vian. Greaat! Love the tangy and spicy soup!

4. Yee Mee Soup with Ikan Bilis


Easy to cook. All time favourites.


5. American Breakfast Set (by Vian)


A hearty breakfast meal - with two large sausages.

6. Minced Pork Lou Shu Fun


We missed the Lou Shu Fun back home, so I tried to replicate it.


Here's my 'battlefield' where I spent most of the time cooking at home.

7. Soy Sauce Chicken w/Mushrooms & Stir Fry Cauliflower w/dried shrimps


Another satisfying meal cooked by Vian.

8. Luncheon Meat and Egg Omelettes


Oh, we love luncheon meat and omelettes! The fried noodle is courtesy from our kind landlord, Auntie Linda.

9. Rendang Ayam & Stir Fry Taugeh w/Ikan Bilis


One of the things we missed most back home - Rendang Ayam. Drools~

10. Stir Fry Beef Spaghetti ala Hong Kong


Juicy beef fillets with spaghetti cooked al dente. Mamma mia!

So, those were my Top 10 dishes so far. To find out how do they taste, I think we would have to ask my avid No.1 fan.....



Based on her expression, I think it should be fairly delicious. Hehe.

Comments (0)