The Race Against Time

0


This is the reason why I'm currently on 'self-imprisonment' mode for at least a week.

I sprained my ankle while playing futsal last Saturday. I was retreating back to my goalpost for defence when I inadvertently twisted my right foot and landed on my ankle in an awkward position. I heard a loud 'craackkkkkk' and I knew I was damned.

The immediate pain was atrocious and I could barely muster the energy the speak, even as my friends was surrounding me and trying to make jokes to trigger some response from me. I laid flat on the turf for a good 10 minutes - grimacing in pain - before the pain eventually dwindled.

A quick check with the doctor revealed that I've sprained my ankle badly and there was a minor fracture on my ankle bone. The advice was to stop all vigorous activities and to rehabilitate at home for at least a week or two.

As though being confined indoor for a couple of weeks isn't bad enough, I now have to race against the time to get myself in tip-top condition (or at least in walkable condition) before the looming trip to Hong Kong on the 12th next month.

Now all I can do is to continue taking the medication, stay indoor as much as possible, watch TV to pass the time (or Facebook-ing), keep the fingers crossed, and wait for Vian to come back and be my driver. :)

Comments (0)