The Quarter Milestone of Life - 25th Birthday

0



20th October marked the silver jubilee of my life.

Throughout our lives, every birthday represents an opportunity to look back into the nostalgic journey that we've passed especially in the past few years and to gauge how far we've come to become the persons that we are today.

Looking back, I considered myself lucky and blessed in a way that I'm constantly being surrounded by the people that I love and care - my family, my friends and Vian. Being apart from those closest to you during your birthday isn't a wonderful feeling (trust me on that), but having Vian here with me, it sort of provide a soothing consolation for me - not that she's in any way less important than my family and friends, NO. But you get the idea.




One of the perks of having your own blog is the ability to immortalized the ups and downs of your life in the virtual diary. It gave you the impetus to go back and read your own archive to see what has happened in your life, and how you've changed!

Well, I don't know if it's just me but birthday is getting less and less special with each passing year. I remember when I was young, I will keenly anticipate my Big Day and will eagerly await the expected showers of presents and wishes from family and friends. As time dragged on, it has became just another 'special occasion' where I'll celebrate with a scrumptious dinner with my family and perhaps a drink or two with friends.




I soon realized that it is not because birthday isn't so 'special' anymore. But rather it's the process of growing up that made us realized life does not turn to be the carefree fairy tale that we're so optimistic about when we were younger. I realized that the annual gifts and presents that I received isn't going to make me a better-equipped person to face the challenges of life. On the contrary, with each birthday the burden of responsibility grew ever heavier on my shoulders.

Long-winded philosophy aside, this year's 25th birthday was the second time that I celebrated my Big Day on the Aussie shore. Vian and I had a very satisfying, delicious, mouth-watering BBQ steamboat in the comfort of our home.






However, the 'Star of the Day' goes to the personalized photo album that she made for me. In the weeks leading up to my birthday, she has been acting rather stealthily; secretly embarking on this little project of her own.




I just want to say 'Thank you dear. For the wonderful gift and for always being there for me."



And Happy Birthday to me~

Comments (0)